Support Worker – Domiciliary Care and PRIME Service
- Location: Gateshead, England
- Salary: £16.22 - £16.22 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
- Contact: Sam Boggis
Seven Resourcing are looking for a number of Enablement/Support Workers to work with the Domiciliary Care & PRIME Service in Gateshead. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £16.22 per hour. The successful candidates will follow an 8-week rolling rota, working 4 days on then 4 days off, working between the hours of 07:00 and 18:00 hours.
To provide compassionate, safe, effective and responsive care, to assist service users to exercise choice and control over their lives and promote their independence as much as possible. This will involve giving support with a range of personal and practical tasks, to achieve agreed enablement outcomes, and maximise their ability to be able to carry these tasks for themselves. In collaboration with line managers and other professionals enablement workers will assist service users with weekly goal planning and accurately feedback on progress towards enablement outcomes.
To promote and ensure service delivery which values and respects the dignity, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals.
- To work as part of a team with the direction from the Senior Enablement Worker to ensure the provision of a domiciliary enablement service.
- To provide planned care (practical and personal) and support which encourages and enables vulnerable adults to maintain or regain as much independence and control over their own lives as possible.
- To deliver care in a way that demonstrates compassion and empathy, and which respects the personal dignity of service users.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of service user, the work and work colleagues, by following the written instructions of a manager and/or policy and procedures
- To maintain responsibilities required as a key worker
- To assist line managers in the monitoring and review of service users. Provide accurate written and verbal feedback on service users’ wellbeing, abilities, changing needs and progress during their enablement outcomes so that decisions can be made regarding their ongoing care needs.
- Ensure agile devices are working and emails, Care Monitoring (rotas), Care and EMAR (medication) app can be accessed
- Minimum of NVQ level 2 in health and social care (desirable and not essential).
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 2 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.