Job Reference: 57560
Support Worker – Homeless
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
- £20000 - £20000 per annum
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for temporary and permanent Support Workers to work in a Women’s Homeless Hostel in Edinburgh.
We are requiring staff who can work 35 hours per week including some sleepovers.
As a Support Worker, you will be based in a temporary accommodation unit that homes 10 women. The service strives to create a warm, welcoming, safe environment for the journey from temporary accommodation to a home of their own.
- To provide support and resettlement services to service users.
- To provide support, advice and information to service users.
- To provide practical, emotional and social support to service users who present with multiple, overlapping needs.
- To work as part of a multi disciplinary team providing an effective service to the client group.
- To work in a sensitive, flexible and non-judgemental way and within an equal opportunities framework
- To achieve key outcomes of the service
- Qualifications: SVQ Level 3 or wanting to work towards.
- Experience: 2+ years working with the homeless.
- Compliance: Up to date SSSC registration and PVG.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 35 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.