Team Leader Legal Services
- Location: Barnsley, England
- Salary: £26.39 - £26.39 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Team Leader within the Commercial and Property Legal Services team to work in Barnsley . This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £26.39 per hour.
To support the Service Director Legal and Governance and Head of Legal in managing the Legal Services Business Unit by providing effective leadership and management of the commercial and property team. To undertake and oversee, including appropriate professional supervision, high level legal work and provide high level legal advice.
– Leadership and line management of the commercial and property team consisting of commercial, property and planning lawyers and the local land charges team
– Contributing to the setting and achievement of the objectives within the Business Unit Business Plan.
– Lead service improvement within a professional team (and across the Service, where required by the Service Director/Head of Legal), improving standard processes, documentation, and guidance, and developing and reporting against performance indicators.
– Commission, instruct and manage external legal resources, including Counsel and external solicitors, and support client services in the planning and application of those resources.
– Manage budgets and resources, as required by the Head of Legal or Service Director.
– Support the continuing professional development of all practitioners within the team, leading the development and delivery professional training programmes.
– Provide high level legal advice and undertake related legal work, including advice to senior managers and elected members and where appropriate personal conduct.
– Act as legal lead on specific major corporate transactions and projects.
– Representing the Head of Legal and/or Service Director at corporate and member decision making meetings and at Directorate Management Team as appropriate.
– Contribute to the development and consistent application of appropriate business processes and systems across the Service, and to the efficient and effective development and use of legal resources including electronic case management.
– Manage and coordinate service delivery of the Service to internal and external clients, where required by the Service Director.
– Seal sign and authenticate legal documents
– Contribute to the work of the Service Management Team.
Qualifications: Qualified solicitor barrister or equivalent legal professional qualification.
Experience: 2 years’ experience within the legal profession.
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. Current DBS check and references covering the last 5 years.
Travel: Able to undertake any travel in connection with the post.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Resourcing
We have been helping people find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards, and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in the UK, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.