Job Reference: 55430
Team Manager – Family Safeguarding/ Adolescent
- Surrey, Surrey
- £42 - £51 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Team Manager, to join the Family Safeguarding Hub, Assessment, Family Safeguarding, Looked After Children and Care Leavers Teams.
Team Managers sit at the critical level in the organisation that balances supporting social workers in their roles whilst also promoting and implementing organisational goals and targets.
As front line managers, they ensure that policy and procedure are implemented and communicated effectively. Team Managers deputise for the Service Manager in ensuring operational effectiveness and consistency of service delivery across teams.
They support the Service Manager in developing a culture in which children and families are worked with respectfully, with a recognition of their diverse experiences and backgrounds and in a spirit of partnership that encourages families to develop their own solutions and to receive the help and support they need to address their complex issues.
The role holder represents the service to partner organisations, building strong networks and drawing on their expertise to inform how Surrey works with other agencies to share resources and improve outcomes for service users.
This role manages a team of social workers and practitioners based at one of the Children’s service area offices that works directly with children and young people in need/in need of protection to safeguard them from harm. This position manages up to 6 practitioners.
The pay rate for this role is £42 – £45 PAYE, or £48 – £51 Umbrella.
- Manage and develop a geographically based social work family/ adolescent safeguarding team that aims to keep as many children in need/in need of protection as possible, safely within their family.
- Develop strengths-based motivational practice and use the skills of the multi-disciplinary teams to address parental mental health, substance misuse and domestic abuse.
- Deliver effective and safe family/ adolescent safeguarding services which are on time, within budget, and in accordance with statutory guidelines, policy and standards to ensure that children and young people’s needs are being met and vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm.
- Manage operational effectiveness of the team, allocating and prioritising workloads and taking responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed. In exceptional circumstances manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the team is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts to manage efficient and effective Legal Planning Meeting, Public Law Outline and court proceedings where attempts to support children to remain within their families have not been successful.
- Promote purposeful social work practice, following the service’s parenting/group work programmes, and undertake regular clinical and case work supervision that is reflective and outlines clearly the next steps to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Manage effective communication of practice, service and organisational issues within the team and work collaboratively across other social work teams, services and with partners to provide high level integrated support to children and families.
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to the Quality Assurance Framework, and manage the effective use of performance processes and systems to promote effective service delivery and drive improvement.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: Experience in a similar role
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.