Job Reference: 58071
Technical Officer – Home Improvement Service
- Bedlington, Northumberland
- £13.18 - £13.18 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Technical Officer to work with the Home Improvement Service in Bedlington, Northumberland. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months (one position is part-time and the other full-time). The hourly rate is £13.18 (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To advise and assist elderly and disabled service users and families of disabled children to undertake improvements and adaptations to their homes with specific responsibility for giving technical support.
Responsibility for management of projects to ensure safety of contractors and service users where construction is underway:
To provide professional and technical support on all related issues.
To maintain knowledge of advances in best practice and ensure these are reflected in service delivery.
To provide services within allocated resources, in accordance with Council policies and departmental procedures.
- To visit elderly, disabled service users and families of disabled children to identify the most appropriate and cost effective solutions for meeting a client’s assessed clinical requirements and adaptions needs. This will include for example by provision of an extension; existing dwelling/garage conversion; through floor lift provision; and creation of suitable property access.
Provide frequent technical advice in relation to repairs or adaptations to service users homes and discuss alternative solutions
To carry out Measured, Defect, Condition, Decent Homes Surveys and Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
Frequent preparation of schedules of works which requires intense periods of concentration
Preparation of specification drawings for adaptations to be used by contractors, using autocad database
Manage and monitor database for past and current adaptation designs which correspond with DFG applications
Prepare schedules of defects, tender documents and specifications for works and recommend priorities.
Prepare preliminary estimates for prospective work
Frequently seek and evaluate tenders ensuring correct procedures are followed and value for money is achieved
Advise Team Manager on any technical aspects related to diagnosing property defects, specifying repairs and organising improvements and adaptations.
- Qualifications: M inimum HNC in Building Related Discipline
- Experience: Experience of providing the full range of professional advice on a variety of property related matters. Experience in engaging effectively and working in partnership with external contractors.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 2 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Part-time and full-time opportunities available.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.