Job Reference: 55558
Tenancy and Neighbourhood Services Manager
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Tenancy and Neighbourhood Services Manager, for Oxford City Council.
Paying 50-55k per annum.
- To lead and develop the Tenancy Management team, providing day to day housing management to over 8,000 households across Oxford, Kidlington, Abingdon and Didcot, covering activities including:
- Tenancy Management
Leasehold and Shared Ownership Management
Neighbourhood Services, including general estate management with oversight of caretaking, cleaning and grounds maintenance carried out by Oxford Direct Services
Void Property Management
New Build Management
Co-ordinating activities with a range of specialist teams within the Council (e.g. ASBIT, Communities, Incomes, Sustainment etc) and external agencies (e.g. Social Services, Police, CMHT, ASC etc).
Effective stakeholder management, engaging with residents, elected Members and other agencies to resolve neighbourhood issues.
Ensuring that all the policies, procedures and working practices are in line with current legislation, government guidance, best practice and the RSH regulatory standards.
- To provide dynamic leadership of the Tenancy Management service, line managing team leaders and officers in specialist roles, ensuring that excellent levels of customer service and satisfaction are delivered .
- To provide a service covering aspects of housing related work including home visits, transfers, tenancy changes, mutual exchanges, void management, energy advice, garage management and enforcement of tenancy conditions as well transforming operational activities to include oversight of all caretaking and estate management activities.
- To manage team performance and deliver continuous improvements to meet the council’s strategic objectives as well as relevant legislative and regulatory requirements ensuring that consistent good practice is maintained and a culture of high quality service delivery and continuous improvement is embedded.
- To be responsible for recruitment, selection, coaching, staff development and motivation as well as disciplinary and absence management as necessary
- Ensure that use of the Council’s IT systems, in particular QL and 1st Touch are optimised by staff and to promote the continued exploitation to increase efficiency, productivity and improved customer care.
- Ensure that Risk Assessments are completed as required for activities within the Tenancy Management Team and that safe working practices are in place for visiting officers and lone working.
- Work alongside other specialist teams within the Council, ODS and key external stakeholders, co-ordinating activities, enhancing relationships and improving communication to ensure that the council’s’ landlord function is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Respond to communications from elected members, Members of Parliament, legal representatives and other regulatory or advocate agencies as required.
- Management of the budgets associated with Tenancy Management activities, including monthly budget monitoring and reporting and annual budget setting activities.
- To deputise for the Landlord Services Manager where required
- Experience: Experience in a similar role
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help