Job Reference: 55630
Tenancy Sustainment Officer
- Oxford, Oxfordshire
- £20 - £25 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Tenancy Sustainment Officer to work in Oxford. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and is paying £20.00 – £25.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To work with our tenants who are at risk of tenancy failure to sustain their tenancy through the provision of time-bound, holistic, assessment based advice and support.
Your speciality will be working with tenants with complex needs or with tenants who need further support around finances and wellbeing.
You will be able to develop relationships and managing internal and external customers, working closely alongside the wider housing management team to maximise the impact of advice and support to ensure that residents receive tailored outcomes and are able to remain in their homes.
- Carry out all duties according to a work plan agreed with the Tenancy Sustainment Team Leader.
- You will manage a caseload of customers in permanent council accommodation by providing targeted support and tenancy sustainment to those tenants struggling to manage their tenancies. Visit the tenant’s accommodation on a regular basis, as per an agreed work plan, or when requested, checking on tenancy sustainment issues, supporting the emotional and physical wellbeing of the Tenant. Assist with viewings and sign-ups for permanent accommodation and to offer practical help and advice during the moving process.
- You will be working on tasks independently and demonstrate resilience , determination through self-motivation, interpersonal skills along with a strong team ethic you will share our vision for promoting independence and providing positive outcomes, targeted interventions whilst actively minimising business risk.
- Regularly review and evaluate case load to seek to maximise positive outcomes for internal and external customers, in terms of the sustainment and maintenance of their settled accommodation.
- To work in partnership with other service teams, including Landlord Services, ASBIT, Rents, Allocations, and other statutory and voluntary agencies, to identify tenancy sustainment issues, and support needs, and to work to help address these. You will be the main point of contact for specialist intervention partner agencies and voluntary providers to ensure appropriate support is sourced and sustained & identify key support needs that may create challenges for the tenants in being able to sustain their tenancy in the medium to long term.
- Give advice to tenants, where appropriate, on re-housing options, including re-housing prospects; bidding through choice based lettings; improving access to education, employment, training, debt, money advice, and childcare services; and to gather information on any relevant changes to the tenant’s circumstances.
- In order to sustain their tenancy, maintain their welfare, and prevent homelessness undertake any support, advice, and assistance, to tenants, as required, including dealing with properties in a poor state of repair & upkeep , climbing stairs and occasionally moving furniture and personal items.
- To ensure that risk assessments are completed for all new residents, as appropriate, and to regularly review those residents with an identified risk to themselves or others.
- Qualifications: A housing or social work related qualification.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.