Job Reference: 59291
- Leicestershire, Leicestershire
- £14.64 - £14.64 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit for a Tree Surgeon for their Operational Highways service.
£14.64 per hour or £11.91 PAYE.
Responsible For: Occasional supervision of apprentices and hired plant employees
Liaison with: Staff of the County Council & District Councils, other Contractors, the public, Government Departments, Statutory Undertakers, Consultants, Developers, outside bodies who (act as clients or) provide goods, services and information
To work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will provide a comprehensive and professional arboriculture service for all trees under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council and other clients in the private sector in the County of Leicestershire and surrounding counties.
Activities included in this job specification are: Tree surgery and felling; Planting and maintenance; Hedge layering; Planting schemes.
To undertake various forestry and arboriculture works across a range of forestry disciplines, utilising safe working procedures and using specialist equipment and power tools. The list below is indicative of the types of work, but is not exhaustive:
– Tree surgery including crown lifting, dead wooding, crown reductions, bracing and tree felling
– Occasional activities relating to young tree and shrub maintenance; tree and shrub planting; public rights of way maintenance; hedge layering; planting schemes of various sizes and maintenance work
– Drive/operate specialist plant to perform all highways operations, and use equipment relating to arboriculture work (wood chippers ,chainsaws, polesaws etc ) to meet contractual requirements
– Carry out daily routine maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hours regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weights) to ensure safe and continued use. Additional knowledge of LOLER and PUWER checks are required for this operation to ensure the equipment meets the required specification.
– Attend, and where directed, support Highways operatives responding to daytime emergencies during environmental incidents such as storms, high winds to clear and/or make safe the public highway
– Carry out extensive maintenance to all arboriculture equipment to enable their safe and continued use
– Use appropriate equipment and procedures to detect and locate underground services to protect operatives and prevent damage to apparatus.
– Be responsible for the management of the Arboriculture Audits and Assessments whilst on site (full assessment of rigging, tree surgery, crown reduction every 4 years, with interim assessments every two years).
To carry out arboriculture practices to comply with the standards as laid down in the Arboriculture Practices Standard BS3998 2010.
To abide by the Industry Code of Practice for Arboriculture – specifically relating to Working at Height Operations, including pruning and free fall dismantling, rigging, crane, MEWP and ladders. Carry out safe and effective aerial rescue operations both drills and on live sites.
To recognise, comply with, and manage onsite any bio-security issues which may arise (e.g. Hymenoscyphus fraxineus (Chalara Ash Die Back) therefore reducing the spread of common pathogens, pests, diseases and disorders which may cause harm to the environment and/or neighbouring trees.
- Qualifications: – New Roads and Streetworks Act (NRSWA) Qualification (Operatives)
– National Highways Sector Scheme 12D
– National recognised Certificate in Arboriculture / Horticulture
- Experience: – Evidence of all aspects of forestry and arboriculture work, and substantial experience of using related machinery
– Experience of compliance with, and management of on-site bio-security issues (relating to pathogens, pests, disease and disorders
– Extensive ability to take measurements and make calculations (e.g. areas, volumes and weights)
– Problem identification and solving
– Use of information technology (eg personal computer, PDS, mobile phones etc) in a work-related contex
- Compliance: Up to date Passport and 2 year’s references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.