Job Reference: 59618
- Leicestershire, Leicestershire
- £11.91 - £14.94 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit a Tree Surgeon.
Initial 3 month contract with the possibility of extension.
£14.64 per hour Umbrella, £11.91 per hour PAYE.
To work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will provide a comprehensive and professional arboriculture service for all trees under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council and other clients in the private sector in the County of Leicestershire and surrounding counties.
Activities included in this job specification are: Tree surgery and felling; Planting and maintenance; Hedge layering; Planting schemes
To undertake various forestry and arboriculture works across a range of forestry disciplines, utilising safe working procedures and using specialist equipment and power tools. The list below is indicative of the types of work, but is not exhaustive:
– Tree surgery including crown lifting, dead wooding, crown reductions, bracing and tree felling
– Occasional activities relating to young tree and shrub maintenance; tree and shrub planting; public rights of way maintenance; hedge layering; planting schemes of various sizes and maintenance work
– Drive/operate specialist plant to perform all highways operations, and use equipment relating to arboriculture work (wood chippers ,chainsaws, polesaws etc ) to meet contractual requirements
– Carry out daily routine maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hours regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weights) to ensure safe and continued use. Additional knowledge of LOLER and PUWER checks are required for this operation to ensure the equipment meets the required specification.
– Attend, and where directed, support Highways operatives responding to daytime emergencies during environmental incidents such as storms, high winds to clear and/or make safe the public highway
2. To carry out arboriculture practices to comply with the standards as laid down in the Arboriculture Practices Standard BS3998 2010
3. To abide by the Industry Code of Practice for Arboriculture – specifically relating to Working at Height Operations, including pruning and free fall dismantling, rigging, crane, MEWP and ladders. Carry out safe and effective aerial rescue operations both drills and on live sites
4. To recognise, comply with, and manage onsite any bio-security issues which may arise (e.g. Hymenoscyphus fraxineus (Chalara Ash Die Back) therefore reducing the spread of common pathogens, pests, diseases and disorders which may cause harm to the environment and/or neighbouring trees.
5. To support the Supervisor or Site Team Leader by:
– ensuring the efficient delivery of the programme of tree surgery and maintenance of Leicestershire Highway Trees.
– assuming responsibility as the senior operative by grade or as requested when working with other operatives on the same grade, for ensuring the correct observance of Health and Safety directives with regards to personal protective equipment, application of Temporary Traffic Management requirements and the safe lifting and handling of materials and plant on site
– ensuring daily performance targets are met, raising any issues in a timely manner with the Supervisor or Site Team Leader
– taking the lead when working with temporary staff, to explain the requirements of the job, answer, or escalate to the Supervisor or Site Team Leader any queries and ensure they are made to feel part of the team
6. To maintain a safe working environment for the general public whilst carrying out work (i.e. creating a safety zone by road closures, diversions, two way traffic lights or manual traffic control), directing the public in accordance with Chapter 8 Traffic Regulations and arboriculture guidance notes in order for Operations Highways to satisfy all necessary contractual and legislative requirements.
7. To comply with guidelines relating to methods of work and health and safety matters, and report any arboriculture and safety matters to the Supervisor in order for them to make informed decisions on future action, including the production of site specific risk assessments and adherence to any method statements provided
8. To assist with organisation of gang structure on a daily basis and complete the allocated work instructions in order to maintain profitability and efficiency.
9. To record and comply with all necessary paperwork in order to maintain and conform to all contractual and legislative procedures.
10. To comply with all Health and Safety legislation, Traffic Management requirements and Operational Highways safety and quality procedures to ensure personal safety and that of colleagues and the general public. To comply with all Quality Management Systems, quality procedures and working practices
11. To maintain personal training records in accordance with the requirements of the personal development process
12. To comply with risk assessments and safe working practices, ensuring a safe working environment, having regard to statutory requirements such as Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations and Driver’s Hours Regulations.
13. To actively promote equality of opportunity, work towards eliminating discrimination and promote good relations between all groups of people
- Qualifications: Relevant Qualifications.
- Experience: Tree Surgeon Experience.
- Compliance: Up to date Passport right to work in the UK.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.