Job Reference: 61609
- Leicestershire, Leicestershire
- £12.69 - £12.69 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing is working with Leicestershire County Council to recruit for 3 Tree Surgeons within their Planting and Maintenance Service.
Umbrella rate of pay is £12.69 per hour PAYE. Potential of negoatiation for the right candidate.
Must have tree surgeon or arborist experience.
To work as part of a team to deliver a best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties.
You will provide a comprehensive and professional arboriculture service for all trees under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council and other clients in the private sector in the County of Leicestershire and surrounding counties.
Activities included in this job specification are: Tree surgery and felling; Planting and maintenance; Hedge layering; Planting schemes
Duties and Responsibilities: The role of the Tree Surgeon is to undertake a variety of forestry and arboriculture activities throughout the County.
The Tree Surgeon will report to a designated depot where the Supervisor, or Site Team Leader will brief and de-brief on the tasks for the day ahead.
This will give the opportunity to hand over vehicle defect reports, timesheets, requests for holiday or other time off, and allows the raising of any issues, or to offer suggestions on better ways of working that can contribute to savings targets and efficiency.
When on site, each gang will have one individual designated to take the lead, with responsibility for the delivery of performance targets, and compliance with health and safety requirements.
However, you will be expected to take responsibility for your own safety (and that of the general public), by adhering to the policies and guidelines explained to you.
You take responsibility, at all times, for your own appearance on site, ensuring you adhere to the requirements for PPE which, if they differ from the norm, will be explained to you during the course of your briefing, and will observe, at all times, the safe working practices to ensure your own safety and that of your colleagues.
- Qualifications: – New Roads and Streetworks Act (NRSWA) Qualification (Operatives)
– National Highways Sector Scheme 12D
– National recognised Certificate in Arboriculture / Horticulture.
Relevant NPTC, (‘CS’) Units including
– Maintain & Operate Chainsaw
– Tree Felling
– Tree climbing
– Use of Chainsaw from rope & harness
– Conduct Ariel rescue
– Pesticides Application Certificate PA1 & PA6.
– First Aid Certificate
– Valid Driving Licence
– Valid Large Goods Vehicle Licence and CPC Trained with current DQC Card
– Mobile Elevated Works Platform license
– Demonstrable evidence of the skills and experience as outlined below, together with a commitment to attain the essential qualifications
Experience: – Evidence of all aspects of forestry and arboriculture work, and substantial experience of using related machinery
– Experience of compliance with, and management of on-site bio-security issues (relating to pathogens, pests, disease and disorders
– Extensive ability to take measurements and make calculations (e.g. areas, volumes and weights)
– Problem identification and solving
– Use of information technology (eg personal computer, PDS, mobile phones etc) in a work-related context
- Compliance: Up to date Passport and Drivers Licence.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.