Job Reference: 58306
Waste and Recycling Manager
- Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire
- £25 - £30 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for an interim Waste and Recycling Manager to work across North Northamptonshire. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and is paying £25.00 – £30.00 per hour (PAYE and umbrella payment options are available).
To develop and manage the day to day running of the domestic waste collections and cleansing services across the authority. Be fully accountable for promoting the service to and engaging with the residents. Responsible for developing efficient and effective waste and recycling collection rounds, routes and work programs to meet service standards in accordance with policy, legal compliance and best practice. Reporting on performance; and managing all income streams and expenditure to meet financial targets for the waste and recycling collection service.
To oversee the operation of the Waste transfer site and domestic refuse collection including green waste and recycling and to maintain compliance with all legislation and regulations related to the collection and disposal of waste. The role requires the post holder to challenge existing practice and seek value for money alternatives to deliver long term sustainable economic benefits to the council.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints written, electronic and verbal relating to all aspects of the waste management service.
- Liaise with internal, external customers and partner agencies in an effective and efficient manner. This is to include daily contact with any relevant contracting organisations, which will require formal correspondence and site meetings.
- Provide management support to team members to ensure that management procedures are robustly followed and deliver effective services that offer quality and value for money to the Council.
- Develop opportunities to improve the effectiveness of the waste site. Improve refuse fleet utilisation, using tools such as vehicle tracking, scheduling and routing software.
- Develop staff to meet the needs of the section and to ensure all team members receive annual appraisals and that development opportunities are supported.
- Ensure so far as is reasonably and practicable, the health and safety and welfare of all employees under the post holders’ supervision. To arrange suitable training and provide appropriate information and guidance on health and safety.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade as required by the Authority
- To undertake appropriate out of hours, work for which appropriate lieu time will be allowed.
- Ensure that all vehicles used in the provision of the service are regularly maintained and serviced and are kept in good working order.
- Assist where necessary within the section with other duties specifically relating to the other direct service functions during holiday/sickness and any other duties as required within the capabilities of the post holder.
- Qualifications: Hold a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Experience: Practical knowledge and understanding of legislative and statutory obligations which affect refuse collection and waste disposal.
- Compliance: Proof of right to work in the UK and references covering the last 3 years.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.