Job Reference: 58234
Watchkeeper – Highway Operations Control Centre Manager
- Exeter, Devon
- £16.46 - £16.46 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Watchkeeper, Highway Operations Control Centre Manager to work in Exeter, Devon. This is a full time position and is paying £16.46 per hour.
The main purpose of the job is to monitor traffic flow throughout Devon’s highways by making use of all available equipment and ensure that any impediments to traffic flow are quickly identified, reported and resolved.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
1. To work as part of a team that monitors traffic flow 24 hours per day, 365 days per year on a roster basis
2. Respond to calls from the public, emergency services in accordance with stipulated protocols and procedures
3. Monitor weather information and provide information to other parts of the Council to alert them to any predicted inclement weather that could affect service delivery
4. Monitor network movement and incidents across the county using a range of equipment and applications:
– Urban Traffic control IT
– Police Radio
– Web-based applications
– Roadworks database
5. Liaise with police and other emergency services in accordance with DCC procedures
6. Maintain recordings of incidents as required
7. Coordinate the response to emergencies including out-of-hours procedures and winter procedures
8. Provide support to the Traffic Manager’s Unit to ensure it can discharge its responsibilities effectively, including enforcement
9. Maintain street works databases, fault monitoring system and other information sources in accordance with procedures
10. Provide information to the social media/media in accordance with DCC procedures
11. Undertake a range administrative duties and responsibilities for the HOCC and wider Highways service area.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.