Job Reference: 55897
- Wakefield, West Yorkshire
- £20.67 - £40 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Wheelchair Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Wakefield.
Work as part of the Wheelchair Services Team. The post will involve direct patient contact, in relation to the provision of a highly specialist intervention using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions. Within the team there is access to senior, assistant and technical support roles to ensure that client’s needs are met via a team approach.
The post holder will be expected to hold a case load of standard and complex clients, children and adults. It will be necessary for the post holder to have a good operational knowledge of the service eligibility criteria and apply this consistently and equitably to all client groups.
The post holder will be expected to have:
- A broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical conditions and their effects on and implications for mobility.
- A broad knowledge of tissue viability of pressure care intervention
- A good knowledge of biomechanics
- A broad knowledge of posture and positioning in the relevant pathologies and implications for seating
- A knowledge of medication and their effects on clinical presentation, and potential effects on functional abilities.
- A knowledge of medical/ surgical interventions that may be required by individual clients and make appropriate referrals
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.