Job Reference: 57344
Women’s Support Worker
- Motherwell, North Lanarkshire
- £13.5 - £13.5 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for temporary Women’s Support Workers based in a Domestic Abuse Service in Motherwell.
We are looking for a Support Worker to provide a quality service to women who have experience of domestic abuse whilst adhering to meeting legal requirements and MDWA standards and policies. You will need to promote the work throughout the local and wider community, working with a variety of women who may have complex needs.
- An understanding of the effects of domestic abuse and how it impacts on women, children and young people children.
- Provide emotional, practical support and information to women who access service.
- Undertake one to one and group work women as appropriate and as determined by a person centred needs assessment of the woman.
- Liaise and advocate on behalf of women with external agencies. This may involve accompanying them to appointments.
- Qualifications: HNC in Social Work
- Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role
- Compliance: Up to date SSSC registration and PVG
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.