Job Reference: 61611
Young Carer Family Worker
- Dorchester, Dorset
- £17.39 - £17.39 per hour
- Contract / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a Young Carer Family Worker to work in Dorchester, Dorset. This is a full time position and is paying £17.39 per hour for this role.
To provide a range of direct support to children and young people identified as Young Carers after assessment through a range of interventions agreed by the responsible manager for the Young Carers Service.
To promote awareness of Young Carers and their needs across all statutory and
voluntary agencies and provide advice and guidance in respect of Young Carers
- Direct casework to support Young Carers.
- Organisation and delivery of activities.
- Liaison, advice and guidance to partner agencies on issues relating to Young Carers.
- To identify and assess the needs of children and young people whose wellbeing is
- being adversely impacted by them providing a caring role for a family member the
- cared for person includes family members who are disabled or experiencing mental
- health or substance misuse issues.
- To ensure that assessments undertaken are holistic in nature, incorporate a “whole
- family” perspective and include consideration as to whether the child or young person
- may require statutory Social Work services as defined within the Dorset Threshold
- Undertake direct case work with children and young people who are identified as Young Carers to provide support to them in developing coping strategies and resilience in respect of their caring role and identify appropriate support.
- To coordinate services and support for individual Young Carers as required.
- To organise and deliver group activities to provide a positive and supportive peer environment for Young Carers .
- To deliver and support specific group work for Young Carers to deliver a positive focused community intervention to meet identified outcomes.
- To develop constructive relationships and work with children and young people, parents/carers; a range of professional partners including statutory children’s Social
- Work , the Police ,schools, health, education, voluntary and community organisations to meet the overall outcomes for Young Carers and their families.
- To provide advice and guidance to agencies in respect of Young Carers issues and act as navigators for agencies and for service users in the identification of appropriate services for families.
- To promote awareness of Young Carers and their needs across statutory and voluntary agencies.
- To keep aware of national issues and relevant research and maintain national and regional links as available and required.
- Responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people at all times.
- To ensure that all safeguarding concerns are escalated appropriately through the relevant designated manager.
- To provide written reports, develop and contribute to case planning for individual children, young people and their families.
- To contribute to specific projects led by the relevant manager.
- To record accurately and clearly and in a timely manner, all relevant information relating to the families concerned onto the relevant ICS system.
- Maintain records and provide relevant data as required by the relevant manager.
- To provide specific written reports as and when required.
- To discuss any proposals for expenditure with the relevant line manager in order to seek agreement by the budget holder.
- To contribute to the provision of a response to civil emergencies as required.
- To give evidence in court if required.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
- Experience: Relevant experience of direct working with children/young people.
- Compliance: Current Standard DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.