Job Reference: 59959
Young Victims Advocate
- North Somerset, Somerset
- £20 - £20 per hour
- Temporary / Full Time
Seven Resourcing are looking for a temporary Young Victims Advocate to work in Weston Super Mare, Somerset. This position is initially for a period of 6 months and will be paying £20.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
To contribute to the work of the Young Victims’ Service (YVS) by identifying and addressing the needs of vulnerable young victims of crime, anti-social behaviour (ASB) and domestic abuse (DA)in the Avon and Somerset Policing area, with specific responsibility within one of the local authority areas (Somerset, North Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset.)
- To assess the needs and wishes of children and young people referred to YVS and plan and evaluate work undertaken with them.
- To undertake direct work with children and young people, including delivery of trauma- informed one-to-one and group work interventions, development of protective strategies, and support through criminal justice processes, and restorative justice interventions where appropriate.
- To work creatively to develop and achieve agreed elements of support plans for children and young people linked to the project.
- To support children and young people to access services from education, training and employment, health (including mental health), counselling, housing, benefits, sports, leisure and social activities and other specialist support when and where appropriate.
- To be a positive role model and to challenge attitudes and behaviours placing young people at risk of victimisation.
- Keep clear and accurate records of work undertaken in accordance with agreed standards using the ICT systems and database provided. Maintain up-to-date records to evidence all work undertaken with children and young people.
- Professional qualification working with young people (e.g. in teaching, probation, social work, youth and community work or health) to a degree level or equivalent.
Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
Compliance: Current DBS check and references covering the last 3 years.
Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.