Youth Justice Team Manager
- Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £46 - £46 per hour
- Type: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for an experienced and passionate Youth Justice Team Manager to join our team in Peterborough. This position is crucial to lead and manage our Youth Justice Team to deliver high quality, effective services that contribute to the reduction of youth offending and reoffending, and promote safeguarding of young people in our community.
1. Lead and manage the Youth Justice Team in delivering high-quality intervention strategies and assessments aimed at young offenders.
2. Apply operational policy, practice, and procedures, ensuring they are effective, consistent and promote equality and diversity.
3. Foster partnerships with key stakeholders within the community to build strong, sustainable relationships aimed at youth crime reduction.
4. Develop and monitor strategies for the implementation of legislation related to youth justice.
5. Oversee and ensure the staff development and performance within the team and implement any required improvements.
6. Report on the performance of the Youth Justice service operational delivery to senior management, providing suggestions for strategic improvements.
7. Ensure safeguarding procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to within the team.
8. Lead on Public Protection & Risk management in relation to young people who offend.
1. Degree or equivalent qualification/experience in the field of Youth Justice, Social Work, Criminal Justice, or a related field.
2. Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
3. Proven track record in youth justice or a closely related area.
4. Understanding and experience of safeguarding procedures.
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
6. Ability to foster relationships with relevant stakeholders, including local authorities and police.
7. Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
8. Right to work in the UK.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates who meet or exceed the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.
Please note that this role requires a full, valid UK driving license.
Apply now to contribute to the safeguarding and development of the young people within our community.
Working with Seven Resourcing:
Established in 2011, Seven Resourcing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of temporary and ad-hoc professionals. Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot from 2000+ reviews, and with 20+ major recruitment awards, we take pride in knowing we can find you the best possible rates and a role you can be proud of.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, but we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please get in touch with our candidate care team.