Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Josh Sidki
Salary: £30700 - £43900
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Analytical Scientist Role
Co. Westmeath, Ireland
€35,000 – €50,000 Per Annum
Reporting To Lab Managers
Your overall role objective shall be to perform, monitor and accept accountability for all assigend analytical duties relating to specific analytical projects.
Job Specific Responsibilties:
1. Perform routine analytical testing in-line with project requirements.
– Stability testing
– Testing in support of chemical development activities (process development for small molecule and peptide APIs and drug products)
– Release testing in support of in-house non-GMP and GMP projects as well as release testing for Clinical Services projects.
2. Develop and suitably validate analytical methods in support of API and/or drug product manufacture and/or stand-alone analytical projects. Be trained and be fully competent in the some or all of the following analytical techniques, as dictated by project and/or departmental requirements:
– Classical techniques
3. Perform analytical duties right-first-time in order to complete work within the budgeted resource time and in line with agreed timelines. Generate data and documents accurately and efficiently, in-line with the Analytical Department’s procedures culture of Right-First-Time. Take responsibility for the provision of all analytical activities associated with allocated projects so as to ensure successful project outcomes as measured by QQTE (Quantity, Quality, Timeliness & Efficiency) metrics. Be responsible for the generation, training and adherence to of analytical documents (e.g. methods, specifications, SOPs etc). Retain the overall responsibility for the completion of delegated tasks, within agreed budgets and timelines.
4. Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment. Be responsible for the management of own work schedule and provide regular updates to line manager and team members especially with respect to any circumstances that alter agreed timescales and budgets. Ensure that unplanned deviations (UPDs) are kept to a minimum and that your line manager is notified as soon as UPDs are generated. Ensure that any corrective or preventative action arising from UPDS is completed in full and within allocated timeframes. Assist with the identification of alternative test methods and/or equipment to improve efficiency and maximise throughput of testing in the laboratories.
Education & Experience
A degree level qualification or equivalent in a life science related discipline is essential, however a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an analytical discipline is desirable.
Previous analytical experience within the industry is essential (ie. Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemistry), and also experience of drug substance or drug product analysis in a GMP/GLP environment. Previous experience within a supervisory role, experience in HPLC method development and/or validation, working knowledhe of COSHH and working knowledge of multiple of analytical techniques.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position;
however, reasonable accommodations will be made if at all possible under business conditions.
If this role is of interest, please click apply now to submit your CV, For more informaion, please contact Josh in the Life Sciences Team.