Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Matthew Pitcher
Salary: £40000 - £55000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
An exciting new role for a Business Development Director has been created to work to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth.
We are a highly accredited, market leading Human Tissue Bank based in the Plymouth, storing many types of human tissue and cells for transplantation in a wide range of medical and surgical applications.
We require a dynamic, forward thinking individual to be able to define long-term company strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market trends and conditions.
This is a senior role and will incorporate the sales function within the company. You will be a proven leader and will be able to manage and work with the internal team, outside marketing organisation, and other directors/managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- Prospect for new clients by networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
- Manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the business manager’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company.
- A thorough knowledge of the market would be advantageous or a knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent ideally in a Medical/Scientific discipline or in Sales and Marketing with some industry knowledge
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
- Proven track record in a similar senior management position and an ability to manage direct reports
- Excellent executive presence with strong written and verbal communication skills
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for Life Science employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform which is accessible around the clock.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets,allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonusfor every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 388 77 365. Please ask for Steven Jeffers in the Life Sciences team.