Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Business Development Manager
35 hours – Monday to Friday – Milton Keynes
Salary £30,000 – £40,000pa depending on experience
We are recruiting for a highly organised and proactive business development manager to join our rapidly growing centre in Milton Keynes. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, with the ability maintain and develop relationships with existing clients but also the ability to identify, prospect and build relationships with new clients.
A strong background working in a scientific environment or a degree in a scientific discipline is essential for this role as the successful person will be required to communicate with clients about the nature of operations and services. The candidate will need a professional and calm demeanour and have the ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines.
The company is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of a large sister company and an established service provider in the field of biomedical research, offering researchers a centre of excellence to support all aspects of sample collection, processing, archiving and analysis in clinical studies. The company operates from a large-scale Biorepository facility in Milton Keynes with back-up facilities in Oxford. The Milton Keynes site represents a state of the art facility for the processing, storage and analysis of biological samples.
The company has been expanding the range of services offered and its customer base. Service offerings include ultra-low temperature automated biological sample storage, sample preparation and processing as well as a range of analytical laboratory services including DNA extraction, quantification and normalisation and also operates to the ISO quality standard ISO-9001:2015.
To succeed in this role you will need to have the following skills, traits and knowledge:
- Experience of working in a scientific environment or a degree in a scientific discipline
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels from technician to head of department
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Ability to work independently whilst contributing to a team
- Excellent time and resource management
- Attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Results orientated
- Postgraduate qualification ideally in life science or related discipline
- Genomics experience
- Marketing experience
- Web marketing experience
- Experience of the Biobanking industry
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the UK. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team.