Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Matthew Pitcher
Salary: £40000 - £80000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are excited to be working with a fantastic client in the Machine Vision arena looking for a Business Development Manager to look after the South of England Territory, the ideal candidate with have extensive Machine Vision knowledge and come from a a backround selling within Pharma.
Responsibility for growing the Managed Services Outsourcing Model – you will be tasked with working with our customers to identify their skillset requirements and finding the people-solution that best fits them. The role will involve opportunity prospecting, selling, account management, and account development. The Business Development Manager is responsible for achieving sales budget through finding new business opportunities, and developing existing customer relationships to maximize business opportunities in traditional and new markets. This role may be office or home based, with regular travel required throughout UK. There may be occasional travel required to the Ireland and mainland Europe.
The role involves selling the intangible assets of our people and capabilities, with solutions tailored to meet each customer’s specific needs in consultation with our team. It will require the ability to customise and strategise according to evolving market demand in a competitive environment.
- Deliver sales target
- Fully accountability for the Managed Services business development of targeted accounts and their growth and sustainability.
- Understand customer skillset requirements and drive the sales of the optimum solution to our pharma and medical devices customers as well as new markets/industries.
- Maintain excellent records on all customer activity.
- Undertake account management of sold projects to ensure repeat business.
- Manage the sales process for new initiatives within the existing Managed Services customer base, under the direction of the Sales Manager.
- Develop key account relationships by delivering excellent service.
- Maximise each account’s potential by cross selling solutions and networking.
- Be highly collaborative and an influential member of the team.
- Present sales pipeline and target reports to business stakeholders.
- A result driven, self-motivated, ambitious sales professional.
- A proven record of accomplishment selling managed services and solutions in UK.
- You will be commercially aware and have an excellent understanding of industry trends and customer demands. Strong technical knowledge in a managed services environment required, ideally within the pharmaceutical sector.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to targeting and winning new business.
- Demonstrate high level of strategic and operational planning and process management.
- Proven track record of successful account management and sales budget delivery.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience selling within a B2B environment.
- Evidence of a structured and consultative sales process.
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- An ethical approach to conducting business internally and externally.
- A problem solver with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Degree preferable.
- A background in people placement/recruitment selling advantageous.
This role also includes great personal benefits and professional growth opportunities. An example of what is offered to our team members is as follows:
- Competitive salary
- Full healthcare cover, leave benefits, life assurance, flexi-time and pension scheme
- A varied and exciting career
- A structured approach to professional development opportunities with an educational assistance programme