Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Callum Cesareo
Salary: £40000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Job Title – ECommerce Manager
Salary – £40,000 – £50,000
Hours – 40 hrs per week
Location – North West London
The company were founded in the early 2000s to develop, manufacture and distribute medical supplies (consumables and equipment) • precision instrument production • quality clinical governance • excellent customer service • competitive pricing • fast efficient delivery to GPs, Clinics, Hospitals (Private and NHS).
Today they are recognised as a leading UK supplier and manufacturer of medical supplies and care products supplying over 20,000 products and manufacturing 1,500+ own label lines.
They distribute to over 22 countries and Head Office in the US, South America and Africa.
What we want
We are looking to invest in a passionate and experienced eCommerce Manager.
This a key position within our eCommerce team to ensure that the business fulfils its online ambition to amplify the brand and drive online sales online in the UK and Internationally. With strong leadership and the ability to motivate a busy lean team, you will be developing and contributing to the company vision and strategy.
You will take ownership of and be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of the ecommerce development plan (including international expansion), you will be active and influential on the development and roll-out of future multichannel projects as a key stakeholder managing our marketplaces and online stores.
You will be responsible for all aspects of website and marketplace management, trading, conversion, UX/UI, web development and management of 3rd parties.
You will manage a cross-functional team of 3-5, including the Digital Marketing Manager, Content Manager and eCommerce Assistant and work closely with the Design Team. Solid communication skills (written and verbal) are key to ensure timely deliverables of third-party agencies such as web developers, platform providers, digital marketing agencies, etc.
This opportunity will suit an analytical, data-driven and commercially minded candidate who has a broad ecommerce experience. The right candidate will be a team player, driven to succeed and hungry to develop their career by joining a supportive and fast paced business.
Experience and Education required
- High level of technical ability with experience gained on varied eCommerce systems.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an eCommerce role with proven deliverables.
- Must have knowledge PPC, Paid Social, SEO, Affiliates, Email, and Social –Experience with paid social such as Facebook Ads Manager, analysing results and optimising to drive traffic and conversions. Google Analytics would be advantageous.
- Experience of CMS (Content Management Systems) and Amazon Seller Central essential. Magento 2.0, Linnworks and/or Khaos Control experience an advantage.
- HTML & CSS coding experience extremely desirable but not essential
- Experience on managing direct reports and team development to meet business needs.
Marketplace & Website Management
- Administration and management of relevant Amazon, eBay and other e-commerce opportunities using current and introducing new product lines
- Work with Content Manager to produce engaging and accurate content for new products and develop existing ones for all platforms (Amazon, Magento & eBay)
- Work with our external web development team and partners to continuously improve our Magento 2.0 online store and develop state of the next generation features.
- Ensuring customer journey is seamless from search to visit to checkout to fulfilment.
- Development and roll-out internationally of our e-commerce offerings (via web / Amazon etc.)
- Work with Purchasing & Sales team to forecast product consumption rates and ensure stock is always available.
- Manage the merchandising of the website to maximise sales based on best sellers, cover and newness.
- Responsibility for the management and production of campaign content, ecommerce assets for use on the website and social media.
- Timely promotional and markdown implementation and management
- In depth weekly, monthly and adhoc reporting as required.
- Work with Sales to manage cross sells and up sells on product pages and throughout site.
Brand Development / Customer Engagement
- Able to implement overarching brand strategy across all channels seamlessly, with help from digital marketing partners.
- Ensure synergy with print and other media communication to safeguard that the brand essence work together across all channels i.e. “speak with one voice”.
- Management of website and e-commerce platforms visualisation, ensuring products are displayed to maximise sales and are in line with the brands aesthetic.
- Experience with creative and visual aesthetics.
- Good understanding of logistics and how important good customer service is for brand loyalty
- Manage, develop and motivate the Team
- Attend conferences, seminars, webinars and networking events as required to stay on top of new developments, strategies and best practice
- Lead, assist or be the key contact for the Ecommerce and wider business projects and process improvements
- As a team leader the ability to manage a cross-functional team whilst being a hands-on team player to “get the job done”
- Highly commercial mindset
- Analytical, numerate and data driven
- Ability to work well within a small high-performing team while building strong relationships with other business functions is essential
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and written skills
- Successfully manage deadlines and expectations of stakeholders and customers
- Ability to make things happen under tight deadlines.
- A can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- Competitive salary
- Pension (from Day 1)