Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Chris Hutchinson
Salary: £20000 - £25000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
A rewarding position has arisen for an Export Coordinator professional with experience of global export requirements. The successful candidate will work within our fast-growing medical diagnostics company that is rapidly establishing customers across the world.
- Communicate with customers to transfer their requests into our systems and confirm our understanding of those requests. Including pricing quotations, confirming orders, preparing forecasts.
- Liaise with purchasing, production, regulatory and management to ensure the smooth processing of customer requests and subsequent export. This will include communicating market specific needs to the relevant departments.
- Prepare and manage all documents required for methods of overseas shipments and payments, including Letters of Credit, Bills of Exchange, EUR1 and Certificates of Origin. Liaise with Shipping Agents, Chamber of Commerce, Embassies and Banks to ensure the smooth processing of documents and payments.
- Ensure timely dispatch of customer orders, taking into account any client instructions issued.
- Issue invoices in the required export format and send to the customer with relevant transport documents seeking their confirmation of those documents before shipment.
- Prepare any additional shipping and customs documentation required. Negotiate with transport companies to minimise shipping costs and verify freight invoices.
- A highly organized person, able to work on own initiative and within a small team, good communication skills at all levels, able to work under pressure in a calm focused manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Several years experience of SAGE required, including the Line 50 Professional management system.
- Good level of IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office applications. High level of Literacy and numeracy with exceptional attention to detail.
- Previous in-depth experience of export documentation, including packing lists; export Invoices, Certificates of Origin, EUR1 and the processing of Letters of Credit & cash against documents payment processes.
- Previous in-depth experience of dealing with shipping agents. For airfreight, sea freight and courier transport
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday (part-time hours will be considered)
- Permanent position
- Company pension
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Rural location with uncongested access
- Salary dependent on experience