Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Life Sciences Team
Salary: £33000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Job Title: Formulator
Purpose of role:
- Primary technical contact for client communication.
- Execute projects to support formulation development, tech transfer, scientific data analysis, registration batches or clinical trials manufacture.
- Maintain systems and facilities in a cGMP status and manufacture supplies in a compliant manner.
- Generate data and reports to support product development, validation or registration in a compliant manner.
- Secondary SME for regulatory and customer audits as well as technical meetings on clinical trials, formulation or tech transfer manufacturing.
- Preferably a degree in: Pharmacy or Chemistry, Ph.D desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The following traits are strongly desired:
- Results oriented,
- Driven and accountable,
- Collaborative and transparent,
- Strong hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” orientation,
- Ability to think strategically and execute on strategy,
- Ability to foster teamwork
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in preferably in formulations development or processing pharmaceutical products,
- Experience in development of generics products and QbD principles is desirable.
- Co-ordinate with Project management in the execution of development projects.
- Co-ordinate with Production groups for the introduction of new products.
- Maintain the department facilities, records, equipment and procedures in line with GMP.
- To develop skills and knowledge relevant to the operations.
- Maintain the departmental compliance to GMP and procedures for operation of rooms and equipment, record keeping and reports.
- To conduct experiments which increase the company understanding of products it manufactures or intends to manufacture.
- Responsible to ensure that R&D activities comply with QMS and EHS requirements. Managing and protecting R&D assets as intellectual property. Budgeting and managing expenses
- Develops strong, collaborative relationships with other departments/groups and fosters an environment of knowledge sharing.
- Keeps up to date with current trends and advances in Pharmaceutical sciences for oral dosage forms.