Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Josh Sidki
Salary: £25000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Graduate Scientist- Microbiology
Permanent & Full Time
£25k – £35k
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Microbiologist/Biologist to join a passionate and rapidly expanding team. My client has just re-located to a brand-new purpose-built facility in Surrey, and are currently bringing the new technology of their product to the pharmaceutical industry, specifically the decontamination validation market. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and dedicated team and gain experience in a role that is abundant in opportunity and growth, both personally and as part of a quickly expanding company.
Decontamination is at the core of several industries, from pharmaceutical to healthcare and the person sought will be keen, enthusiastic and as excited. To put it simply, my clients product has the potential to revolutionise whole industries with their sought-after advantages, and that’s where you as a Graduate Microbiologist/Biologist come in!
Your role will be to facilitate my client as they move towards launching our their product and companion Medical Device to the market. This will involve using your knowledge, skills and experience in biochemistry and microscopic organisms that relate to their products, and take part in studies and investigations in-house and worldwide before imminent approval and release to market. There is also the opportunity to gain experience and be a critical part of my clients development, with plans for technology transfer in-house of critical processes involving fermentation, and to participate in the regulatory approval of a medical device and the development of the technology and the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will relish in the possibilities, excitement and challenges involved and have a strong career path ahead of them with abundant opportunities for growth and development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting and Participating in investigations and studies to validate correlation between their 2 products.
- Troubleshooting, Quality Control, Development and Optimisation of their product, providing reports from test activities and the creation of additional controlled documentation as required, in compliance with ISO13485
- Occasional travel globally to current and potential customers for support, training and installation of my clients technology, initially to support the Principle Research Scientist, but gradually taking on more responsibility.
- Participate and take a key-role in the tech-transfer and implementation of fermentation technology at my clients brand-new, purpose-built facility.
Qualifications and Skills
Person Specification – Skills/experience required
- Degree in Life Science/Biological/Microbiological or similar subject or equivalent experience.
- Microbiology laboratory experience including aseptic techniques and culture media testing.
- Experience in luminescence assays, analysers and knowledge of enzymatic activity assay principles and assay development is advantageous.
- Hold excellent numeracy, literacy, computer literacy, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills – with a desire to seek out new information and use creative thinking to investigate and solve complex issues.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice.
- Technical skills in the science laboratory field via a strong academic background and practical laboratory experience, safe handling of hazardous chemical and biological materials in accordance with COSHH guidelines.
- Maintaining, calibrating and testing equipment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, being customer and quality focused. The ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional departments with a friendly and common-sense frame of mind.
- Ensure compliance to company, industry and regulatory standards with knowledge of EU and US standards (ISO13485 and ISO9001) advantageous.
- Keen to develop skills and experience in an expanding business within multiple areas.
- Self-reliant – ability to work independently with minimal supervision, using own initiative to prioritise work as appropriate whilst having a keen sense of responsibility within a team environment.
- Able to travel and work outside of normal hours when required.
If you are interested in the post, hit that APPLY button now, and if your application meets the above requirements, I will be in touch to take the application further.