Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Steven Jeffers
Salary: £40000 - £50000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Life Sciences are proud to be working with a fantastic company who are currently aiding the UK Goverment and enterprise customers in conducting testing for COVID-19 antibodies. As such we are actively looking for a Laboratory Manager ro join the site and help build and lead a team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking Laboratory Manager with strong leadership, management and technical skills, as well as a sound knowledge of QMS to be able to lead our Serology Medical Laboratory.
- Experience working in a Serology/Immunology preferred, but not essential. 10 years working in a medical laboratory will be a definite advantage.
- Experience in operating Biochemistry or ELISA instruments preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in PCR techniques, but not essential.
- Knowledge in communication protocol between computers and host Laboratory information systems.
- Experience of managing Laboratory QMS
To provide leadership, overall management, operation, service delivery and administration of Serology laboratory to ensure that all service and operational KPI’s are met at all times. This will include the introduction of monitoring systems and processes, employment of appropriately qualified personnel, equipment, safety, laboratory policies, monitoring operations, quality assurance and analytical testing.
- Establish specimen acquisition, preparation and storage procedures; develop and implement analytical procedures; evaluate laboratory information.
- Establish quality standards and maintain quality results, supervise quality control and quality assurance procedures, staff training, inspection of staff work and adjusting lab policies and procedures as needed when standards are not met.
- Maintain medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommend improvements; establish priorities; train employees; maintain security and confidentiality.
- Maintain medical laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identify peak and slack periods; make operational or staffing adjustments; ensure lab is adequately staffed at all times, including shift-work, if necessary.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements specific to the laboratory are understood, applied for and met e.g. MHRA and another applicable standards.
- Establish operating budget and ensure costs are in-line with budget plan as agreed with senior management
- Maintain medical laboratory staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees on correct use of equipment and laboratory procedures. Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- Maintain medical laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; develop operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensure staff compliance; certify instrument performance; arrange equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Maintain medical laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed supplies; place and expedite orders for supplies; verify receipt of supplies.
- Recommend laboratory or testing equipment as necessary to meet the objectives of the business and future direction. Understand how to scale the operation, if needed, to meet expected or realised demand.
If this sounds like the role for you then click apply now or if you wish to discuss in more detail do get in contact with Steven 0203 88 77 365 or [email protected]