Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Chris Hutchinson
Salary: £35000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
- To expand relationships with existing customers in the Molecular field by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to grow product lines.
- To present, train and troubleshoot new and existing customers on our growing range of Molecular automation and reagents including new product trials.
- To participate in the marketing activities required for our extensive range of products.
- The role involves extensive field travel in the UK, ROI, France and Benelux. The rest of the time is office based in Kent.
Molecular product support for the sales team:
- Give molecular product presentations to customers as part of lunchtime presentations or at conferences.
- Organise and provide Molecular reagent and instrument demonstrations.
- Support the Sales team in developing our Molecular range with existing and new customers.
- Provide technical and sales support to the sales team for reagents and associated instrumentation.
- Support instrumentation with scientific evaluation trials, marketing acceptance trials, manuals, literature and media support, etc.
- Liaise with the Product Managers for customer evaluations of new reagent or instrumentation projects.
- Liaise with the Reagent Support Specialist to provide reagent complaint support and troubleshooting.
- Liaise with our manufacturers to provide technical support for reagents and equipment.
- Assist in new Molecular product introduction to the market.
- Support and liaise with customers to produce publications such as papers in respected scientific journals or poster presentations at scientific conferences.
- Address customer issues and concerns in a timely fashion to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Help liaise with Manufacturers to ensure business continuity.
- With the support of the Product Managers create and provide marketing material to the sales team, for conferences, publication adverts etc.
- Assist the Product Managers in the launch new products available from the current or new manufacturers.
- Manage product evaluations and publications.
- Suggest new ISO Marketing objectives to help improve Marketing process.
- Maintain complete documentations/presentations for all product related activities.
- Stay abreast of trends in the market place to ensure the product’s competitive position.
- Comply with company Quality procedures.
- Provide training for engineers and sales representatives as and when required.
- Attend exhibitions and meetings representing the company.
- Identify new product opportunities to bring to market.
- Responsible for providing the Sales Team with the necessary technical and Marketing expertise to enable them to sell the products.
- Build and maintain relationship with KOLs.
- Attend European symposia.
- To carry out any other duties that may be required from time to time at the discretion of the Marketing Director.
- Strong Molecular scientific and technical background
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise job functions to meet deadlines, ensure smooth workflow and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present in front of small and big groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Good team work
- Good creativity skills