Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Stewart McGrath
Salary: £37000 - £37000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate must have both an Electrical and Mechanical background and experience of working on high speed lines in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods business. As part of this role you will be required to work a shift pattern of 12 hours rotating between 6am – 6pm or 6pm to 6am on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production & plant equipment whilst driving efficiencies through continuous improvement activities.
- Execute maintenance procedures and prioritise all work in line with plant needs and production availability.
- Complete regular checks and testing on all plant to ensure they are operating within specification.(recorded appropriately)
- Ensure that Health and Safety and Quality procedures are followed, ensuring that standards are maintained i.e. work in a tidy, clean, safe, structured and professional manner.
- Comply with all Corporate, Health and Safety and Environmental rules, standards and legislation (including 17th edition IEE Wiring Regulations for multi-skilled).
Skills and competencies required for this role:
- Extensive experience of working in an automated FMCG environment
- Extensive experience of working with processing and packaging machinery
- Mechanical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
- Electrical qualification City & Guilds or NVQ L3 equivalent
- 17th Edition electrical qualification
- Experience of troubleshooting and resolving PLC & Robotic issues
- Detailed experience of carrying out reactive, planned, preventative and predictive maintenance
- Working knowledge of leading continuous improvement and SMED projects
- Knowledge of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Can do approach to problems
- Ability to work independently and manage self and time
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and contractors within the business
- Works well as part of a team
- Detailed problem solving abilities and experience of formal problem solving techniques
- Basic Lean Six Sigma qualifications (yellow or ideally green belt)