Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £40000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Territory Manager – London & South East
The role requires remote working (from home) with regular travel to field sites, including NHS and private sector, hospitals and clinics.
The territory manager will be responsible for developing an account management strategy and maintaining positive relationships with hospital staff at all levels, including consultant surgeons, theatre leads and their teams, pharmacy and procurement departments.
The territory manager reports to the National Sales Manager and regular contact with office staff.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
Key account management
Develop an account management strategy in order to build strong and positive relationships with key customers.
New business development
Look for opportunities to expand the product portfolio with current customers. Seek new customers to develop business with.
Develop positive working relationships with the key personnel within each hospital and establish appropriate schedules for contact (face to face and by other communication channels).
Coordinate customer trials of new and existing products and deliver appropriate training for the end users of the products.
Work in partnership with customers to evaluate and develop products Record and resolve any customer issues relating to products.
Create a Business Plan and Objectives for the territory in order to maintain and grow the business.
Monitor and review the progress of the territory against sales targets. Update and review the Business plan/objectives on a regular basis.
The territory manager will be required to attend regional ophthalmology events and exhibitions.
Other requirements – there will be a requirement to attend sales meetings and training sessions at the head office in Manchester and in offsite locations across the country. There will be occasional overnight stays/ weekend working as the business requires.
Key Skills and abilities
- Deliver information clearly and concisely, both face to face and in written communications.
- Communicate appropriately and professionally with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Analysis of Sales figures and information in order create concise reports.
- Prioritisation of tasks.
- Meet demands of an existing customer base, whilst developing new business.
- Use of appropriate questioning and listening skills to interpret the requirements of customers and match their needs to the SD product portfolio.
- Negotiating skills – key attribute in facilitating commercial agreements
- Analysing customer problems with products or supply and offer advice and solutions.
Persuading and Influencing
- Persuade and influence stakeholders at all levels within the hospital setting.
Application of Knowledge
- Apply their knowledge of relevant therapies, treatments, techniques and product usage (product training will be provided).
- Understand and be able to work within the policies and procedures of the company
- Well organised.
- Self – motivated.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Works well in a target driven environment.
- Works well within a team and be able to fit into the existing small team.
Experience and requirements
- A minimum of two years sales experiences within the ophthalmic market.
- A minimum of two years sales experiences within the medical products/devices market.
- Able to provide evidence of proven sales history within the medical sales sector
- Computer and IT literate, a confident user of Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiar and proficient using CRM databases – eg salesforce / interprise.
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits
- Generous basic salary (up to 45K – Depending on Experience)
- Bonus Scheme (10k OTE and up to an extra 10K for over achievement)
- Car allowance (£650 per month)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private healthcare cover after completing six months probationary period.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- Travel and subsistence expenses