Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Josh Sidki
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Post Doctorate Scientist
Permanent & Full Time
My client is a privately funded Biotech start-up which has received multi-million-pound investment with the focus on production facility in the UK to attain regulatory approval of our product.The product my client offers to the industry delivers a game changing advantage to all pharmaceutical product manufacturers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and utilise a range of biochemical methods/assays/techniques in support of all activities associated with the project aimed to ensure project targets are met.
- Support production and characterization of the product as required.
- Carry out QC analysis of finished product, stability and performance studies in accordance with standard protocols.
- Support the development and execution of the products technology field trials and studies.
- Take responsibility for the supervision and training of junior staff and external users of their products technology.
- Ensuring that the project operates to a high scientific standard using current methods. Keeping up to date with scientific literature and commercial developments in the project area.
- Provide reports through analysis of data using software and databases as necessary, to meet project targets and for preparation of presentations and publications
- Contribute to the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Quality documents required for manufacturer.
- Carry out all work according to relevant safety practices and any Quality Systems that are applicable.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area.
- MSc or PhD in relevant area desirable.
- Good theoretical knowledge and practical familiarity with techniques for project. Specifically; protein purification, characterization, and performance of assay.
- Demonstrable experience of developing, optimising and validating assays as well as evaluating and adapting new technologies/assays where appropriate.
- Good understanding and experience of safe working practices.
- Experience of having worked within a regulated environment. (e.g. ISO9001, GLP, GMP).
- Experience of planning and designing experiments and studies to meet project objectives.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, pre-empt and evaluate issues, and recommend and appropriate course of action to address the issues.
- Basic microbiology techniques.
- Clear communicator with excellent writing, report writing and presentation skills; capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences.
- Skills for communication on complex matters and difficult situations, requiring persuasion and influence.
- Excellent IT skills in all Microsoft programmes and a high proficiency in Excel married with clearly demonstrable Mathematical capability.
What’s On Offer
A Competitive Salary with benefits including Annual Leave, Contributory Pension, Childcare Vouchers and Company Performance Bonus.
If you are interested in this post, press the APPLY button now. If you application meets the above requirements, I will be in touch to take your application further.