Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Matthew Pitcher
Salary: £20000 - £30000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are excited to be working with a fantastic and rapidly growing company in the Devon area, together we are looking for a motivated and driven Process Manager who wants to make a real mark on the business, it will be up to you to define the future lab process for the organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO you will have the ability to effect real change and help gaurnetee future sucess
Job purpose and key responsibilities
- Functional management of the day to day operational activities relating to receipt, process, storage and despatch of human tissue samples.
- Functional management of the human tissue collection kit assembly process
- First line management of Scientists, Laboratory Supervisors and Laboratory Technicians
- Ensure that appropriately trained resource is available to manage all activities associated with processing and storage of human tissue. Own and maintain the capacity planning model and forward plan resource requirements and shift coverage in line with volume scenarios provided by the Board and SMT. Lead the recruitment of all staff in the Vault area.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiency gains and manage through to benefits realisation. Undertake risk assessments for all areas of the Vault.
- Ensure that all activities are performed in accordance with documented procedures and in accordance with local health and safety policies. Identify, raise and complete Quality Improvement Reports, including implementation of Corrective and Preventative actions.
- Author and technically review Standard Operating Procedures relating to human tissue processing and kit assembly.
- Participate in the development of new processing and testing techniques and processing of new samples. Perform process validation activities and research trials
- Perform one to ones and annual reviews with reporting staff. Authorise all leave/absences and perform return to work interviews for reporting staff
- Perform routine processing, storage and analysis activities to maintain training status and provide support to the team
- Participate in audits and customer visits, and take part in visits to potential customers as required. Manage the SWPTS BMS team requirements whilst in the Vault.
- Act as part of the wider management team, and attend management and Quality Management Review meetings
- Work with Engineering and Improvement Manager to ensure that any routine or unplanned maintenance or engineering activity is completed with minimal impact on capacity.
- Manage the supply of consumables in conjunction with the Engineering and Improvement Manager
What you need
- Hold a BSc or related Degree in a relevant Scientific field or have significant Laboratory Management experience
- Previous Management experience (1-2 years minimum), leading a team of Scientists and/or laboratory technicians.
- Able to effect change within an organisation, a proven team players and motivator
- Flexibility with working – able to stay late, travel
- The person must be highly organised, results orientated with a good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and energy
Feel free to contact me directly to discuss the role Steven Jeffers 0203 88 77 368 or email [email protected]