Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Steven Jeffers
Salary: £55000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are working with a client looking to bring in a new Procurement Manager in as the present incumbent is relocating. My client is well established and you will be moving into a a exciting role with a well established team underneath you.
In this role you are responsible for managing all facets of procurement of commercial medications and related clinical supply projects in Europe and Rest of World.
- Specifically, the duties include:
- Manage a team of Procurement Specialists to meet product needs of our clients
- Manage and look to continuously improve a sourcing strategy to improve the European/Row supply chain, ensuring integrity of supply and improvement of commercial terms
- Establish new and develop existing relationships direct with manufacturers to maximise sourcing opportunities and reduce risk
- Investigate and qualify wholesale distributors as new sources for supply to maximise sourcing opportunities to improve competitive advantage. Coordinate with client facing employees to ensure appropriate drug is procured for the client. Ensures that activities are performed in accordance with expectations, regulations, and quality standards
- Manage and troubleshoot the procurement of product for clients
- Interface with manufacturers and suppliers to resolve any procurement problems to ensure fast delivery of product for clients
- Ensure Operations is informed of all information needed to ensure timely and accurate pickup of products
- Act as a liaison between manufacturers and suppliers and project managers
- Provide suggestions on how to improve procurement related processes to add value
- Manage return of product and ensure credits are received in expected time frame
- Manage any recalled material from a Procurement perspective to make sure it is returned to suppliers or manufacturers and credits are received. Coordinate with QA and other departments to make sure all are properly updated
- Manage suppliers to ensure performance in line with expectations and develop clear view of supplier capability in terms of product access
- Investigate potential new sources for supply including manufacturers and suppliers
- Additional task as directed by the Director, Clinical Trial Supply, Europe
Education & Experience
- University degree
- Minimum of 7 years Purchasing, Materials, Logistics experience preferred
- At least 2 years leading a team of Buyers/Procurement Specialists
- Experience in a regulated industry (i.e. Pharmaceutical, Medical Device) required, pharmaceutical preferred
- Intermediate level skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and internet functions
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Good numerical competence in order to analyse facts and figures
- A flair for negotiation and networking
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- A confident and mature approach
- Tact and diplomacy
- Possess a passion for Continuous Improvement to drive cost reductions with the supply base
If this sounds like the role for you then apply for this postion now or feel free to contract Steven Jeffers 0203 88 77 365 or [email protected]
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team