Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £40000 - £45000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The post holder will act as a project manager for individual projects and will be responsible for ensuring that each project (within their portfolio) produces the required deliverables within the specified constraints of time, cost and to the pre-defined quality standards. The post holder will be tasked with an on-going portfolio of projects that will vary in nature, range of scale and complexity. The role will suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with proven project management experience comfortable working across the full project lifecycle. Although my client operates in the life science field, we are primarily looking to recruit an individual with demonstrated excellence in project management rather than a formal scientific background. This role may potentially suit a person with previous project management experience in any engineering, manufacturing or logistics based discipline within any industry sector.
The Project Manager has full responsibility for projects from initial start-up through to full implementation and closure.
The Project Manager is required to manage the expectations of senior level customers through advanced influencing skills and balance client expectations against the needs of the Company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These include all duties and responsibilities associated with the Project Manager role (items 1-13):
- Oversee the delivery of several projects to time, cost and quality
- Effectively represent the project to the Client managing all issues encountered by the project during its lifetime.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define project tasks and resource requirements
- Develop full scale project plans
- Define, manage and control project risks
- Actively manage the project costs to ensure the financial performance of the project is controlled
- Negotiate for and secure the resources required to deliver the project, notwithstanding the competing demands for finite resources within the Company
- Manage the personnel allocated to the project to deliver the required work-plan
- Present a clear and concise project progress report to Senior Management and to the Client as required.
- Negotiate to resolve conflict
- Operate within Company rules and regulations and SOPs
- Contribute significantly to the generation of costings for new projects
- Degree or equivalent
- Previous demonstrable experience of delivering large projects to plan, budget and quality
- Minimum of 3 years or more managing equivalent dimensioned projects
- Experience of Project Management software tools (MS Project etc)
- Financially aware
- Managerial experience and people management skills
- Experience of managing logistics of a project
- Budget forecasting and reporting writing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with and establish cohesive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates true “ownership” of full project lifecycle
- Results/delivery/mission focussed
- Highly computer literate
- Full clean UK driving licence preferred
- Project Management qualification
- Previous management experience of large clinical studies and associated sample processing and logistics or life sciences industry in general
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the UK. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team.