Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £50000 - £60000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
SALARY: up to £60K
REPORTING TO: CFO
RESPONSIBLE FOR TEAM OF: N/A
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- The Project Manager is responsible for the planning, coordination, tracking, and reporting of new medical device projects and for ensuring alignment with company strategy, new product development processes, and quality system and regulatory requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Overall management of Project delivery on time & on budget ensuring the relevant resource is available as required for each stage of a project
- Working with cross functional teams, including team members from departments such as Design, Engineering, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply and Procurement and others, in the planning, coordination, and implementation of numerous concurrent projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Develop, document, and oversee full scale project plans, including tasks, schedules, and resource requirements
- Coordinate resources to ensure completion of Design History Files and associated documentation
- Lead project team meetings effectively and provide direction and support to project team members as appropriate
- Monitor and report regularly on progress of the project to all stakeholders as well as to executive management
- Present regular reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve successful project outputs
- Assess results of projects and incorporate improvements into the overall product development and project management processes
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects for project documentation, templates, and processes
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Science, Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A minimum of 5+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity is required, with experience in all aspects of product development, plan execution and product launch.
- Demonstrated experience completing successful projects on time and within budget is required. Experience with Medical Device product development is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage & deliver multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Outlook, Excel) is required.
- Proven experience in Quality System Regulations (QSR) 21 CFR 820; Design Control: ISO 13485:2003, FDA regulations is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills with demonstrated competencies in team building, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortable presenting to and communicating with cross-functional groups at multiple levels of corporate structure.
- Proactive, hands-on management style.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, creative in finding innovative solutions to project execution or process problems.
- Demonstrated leadership strengths, adaptable to changes in project scope or direction as appropriate.
- Excellent decision-making skills and comfort in influencing and leading cross-functional groups.
If you feel you’re the right fit for this role, please click apply now. For any questions or queries, please ask for Harvey or Stewart in the Life Sciences team.