Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Life Sciences Team
Salary: £17000 - £18000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk who is motivated in career development and would like the opportunity to work for one of the largest pharmaceutical distributors in the country.
As a Purchase Ledger specialist, you’ll be in charge of the company spending, overseeing all purchases made by your business, monitoring how much is owed at all times.
You will be reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Purchase Ledger role generally assists the accounts department as necessary, providing any information required by the Finance Director
The Purchase Ledger role is generally responsible for the following:
- Making BACS or cheque payments
- Generating coding and checking invoices
- Working out VAT payments
- Checking and reconciling statements
- Dealing with all purchase inquiries.
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Process business expense returns
- Cashbook and petty cash cheques
- File invoices and statements
Typical qualities of a successful Purchase Ledger include:
- Bookkeeping experience
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- An aptitude for IT – knowledge of software packages like Excel, Sage, etc
- Working to deadlines