Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Stewart McGrath
Salary: £35000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
- To organise and oversee the laboratory activities SWC2 and to perform routine laboratory procedures if required.
- To prepare and authorise technical documentation and to routinely participate in batch release procedure in relation to the Section’s activities. This may extend to other areas within the Department, as required
- May deputise for the Manager in their absence.
- To appraise staff within the section, including setting and assessing the achievement of objectives.
- To ensure that all members of the Section are adequately trained, and to ensure that appropriate training records are maintained for the Section.
- To maintain sectional expenditure within budgetary constraints.
- To maintain a thorough understanding of international regulatory and ISO requirements pertinent to the Section, and to ensure that all work within the Section complies with these, with departmental procedures and the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice and ALCOA.
- To ensure that all sectional lead times, including those of sub-contract facilities providing a service to the Section are complied with, and does not impact the business timelines/deadlines .
- To carry out and manage projects within the Department and at international level, as required.
- To develop and validate laboratory procedures within the Section and with other organisations internationally, as required. This includes the qualification of equipment.
- To review analytical and laboratory data within the Department for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- To communicate effectively with others on site and internationally, and to participate with them in problem solving activities, as required.
- To carry out any other tasks which may be required from time to time
- Follow Company procedures to ensure the team is managed in an effective way.
- Ensure cGMP is applied and comply with cGMP in all areas of the business.
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- Degree in Chemistry or strongly related scientific discipline
- At least 10 years relevant industrial experience including 5 years Supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience of instrumental and traditional analytical techniques.
- Ability to work to critical time lines.
- Effective communication skills at all internal and external levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Stewart McGrath in the Life Sciences team.