Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Matthew Pitcher
Salary: £20000 - £25000
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
To provide an effective laboratory service at Plant level to meet Operational, Engineering and
The purpose of this position is to prioritise the processing of samples in order to meet Production and Engineering requirements.
- Prepare, evaluate and record findings of process control samples to ensure that an acceptable coating is produced, in accordance with QCI and SPI and communicate results.
- Metallurgically examine coatings on customer components to ascertain cause of failure or to confirm/check that new coating techniques meet the requirements expected.
- Prepare a laboratory report outlining details of the examination and any conclusions reached with a suggested corrective action.
- Ensure that all inspection documentation is complete and that all details, including endorsements have been accurately recorded on outgoing certification. Issue the final certification of conformance prior to the dispatch of components.
- Prepare bond strength samples for evaluation and prepare written reports of results for customers.
- Monitor strip line by means of chemical analysis (titrations).
- Analyse coatings using SEM and EDX.
- Monitor phosphorous contamination and chloride levels using ion chromatography.
- Maintain stock of consumable materials required in the operation of the laboratory, be responsible for the contents of the poison cupboard and the maintenance of a register of contents.
- Support PSTL quality reporting requirements and may be release documentation signatory.
- To fully support all Health ,Safety & Environmental policies and procedure, to achieve Zero / Zero target.
- Adopt and support the principles of 5s to achieve a world class standard of 30.
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
- Educated to degree level (preferably Science based)
- Prior knowledge in laboratory work is an advantage
- Good communication skills are required and the ability to work well within a team
- Incumbents must have proficiency with personal computers, Windows applications
- Previous experience in surface coating application
- Aerospace Sector experience
- Experience using SEM and EDX