Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Life Sciences Team
Salary: £61500 - £70300
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are seeking a dynamic engineer to join our growing Research and Development team. In collaboration with our manufacturing partners, you will be responsible for managing catheter development for the next generation System.
The candidate will be preferably located in Paris (France) with numerous travels to visit suppliers and KOL physicians.
- Interfacing with KOL physicians and Marketing and Clinical teams to identify user needs.
- Defining design inputs and specifications.
- Evaluating prototypes in bench and preclinical testing.
- Assisting in planning and execution of design validation and verification testing.
- Managing supplier network.
- Engineering analysis, protocol and report writing.
- Supervise R&D test protocols and complete data analysis including detailed
evaluation of component and/or product test failure modes.
- Work with outside test facilities to maximize quality, delivery, and lead times 2.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Goal-oriented team player, functioning as individual contributor and project
- Has excellent attention to detail, schedule-oriented, and possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good mathematical and basic statistical abilities.
- Able to work with small and fragile parts required to assemble and set-up test
- Ability to work in a start-up environment and with varying levels of supervision.
- Able to create and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and
- Computer proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio).
- Prior experience in an R&D environment with technical project management.
- Experience in catheter design and development.
- CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with in vitro testing applicable to disposable / consumable as well as permanent implantable medical devices desirable.
- Experience with medical device R&D and/or Production test equipment and
- Experience with manufacturing transfers and process validations.
- Experience in managing external vendors.
- Ability to travel often to support R&D and manufacturing activities.
- Proven success and desire to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- A self-starter who can work and deliver results independently.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.