Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £30000 - £32000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for a UK Purchasing Manager and offer a fantastic opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic and numerate individual with excellent people skills who is looking to take the next big step and is highly motivated to drive sales.
You will already be a knowledgeable Purchasing Supervisor with the ability to achieve results. Working closely with Senior Management and the Customer Service Teams, this role will suit a highly organised individual with excellent negotiation skills and multi-tasking ability from purchasing environment who is able to work with a variety of people, carry out performance management and reviews and work to financial objectives.
- Develop and build on the current UK Purchasing and Pricing Strategy and Departmental needs.
- Responsible for the sourcing and management of all the UK purchasing needs, negotiating and buying equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices.
- Overseeing supply chain management and procurement for UK product acquisition including Pharmaceuticals (alongside a team member).
- Working alongside International Purchasing to ensure that product levels and optimal stock levels are maintained.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Lead a small Purchasing Team under the direct management of Senior Management
- Acquiring goods and services for the best price and value to ensure the company remains at the forefront of competitive pricing and special offers deals (product promotions).
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels (alongside International Purchasing)
- Building strong working relationships both internally and with key suppliers to ensure that key processes are running efficiently and cost-effectively
- Identifying and meeting with potential suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships
- Conducting research to establish best products and suppliers for best value, delivery schedules and quality
- Cutting any waste and unnecessary costs delivering streamlined process, optimal production and delivery times
- Understanding and keeping up with new trends and innovative products to meet targets with feedback on market needs and future areas for growth
- Management of and authorising invoices and product returns, including chasing credits and liaising with Finance regarding payments and invoices
- Maintaining and keeping relevant files (on and offline) to ensure the company is compliant and auditor information is up to date and to hand
- Monitoring prices and updating CRM system (Khaos) to ensure continuity and accuracy of pricing, stock levels and product information (training will be given)
- Working with strategy and marketing to ensure that marketing programmes are designed and implemented to meet supplier targets and business objectives
- Monitoring the competition to ensure that the company pricing is always competitive
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives
- Negotiating and monitoring supplier progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- Working with Marketing and Senior Management and forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities
- Marketing understanding of new products and gaps in the market
- Reviewing and managing product content and pricing for quarterly brochure.
- Responsible for the Annual Catalogue including images / pricing etc for the company’s annual catalogue including a full review of all products; new product addition; codes; descriptions and pricing
Experience and Education required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ practical experience in Purchasing role (with people and supplier management)
- Outstanding supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Good data input skills.
- Competent IT capabilities (Excel and Word) and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM/Sales Management system.
- Ideally a graduate, but minimum education to A level and above.
- Demonstration of positive team player spirit and cooperative negotiating skills.
- Ability to direct working to attain everyday product purchase and sales objectives.
- Motivated by results and who has the ability to bring new ideas and best practice to the team and company
- Excellent negotiating and customer service skills as role requires regular communication with suppliers, internal teams (dealing with queries and resolving disputes).
- Self-motivated, flexible, able to multi-task, good organisational and time management skills, ability to prioritise and manage workloads.
- Ability to work confidently, remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines and work within a team environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team.