Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Harvey Havell
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Job title: Technical Sales Representative
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reporting to: Sales Manager
This role will provide effective field based sales and technical support to customers in France and via the company’s extensive distribution network. The role is customer facing, providing technical sales input to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve the annual sales targets and fulfil the marketing plan. Minimum qualifications are a degree in Life Sciences, either in genetics or molecular biology. Sales experience with PCR or Next Generation Sequencing based technologies is desirable but not essential. Fluency in both English and French is essential.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Sales and Marketing
- Contribute to the delivery of the annual sales and marketing plans
- Provide product expertise and sales support for distributors
- Contribute to the development of sales leads through a variety of channels, eg. attendance at conferences, enquiries through website, customer referrals
- Qualify and progress sales leads through active customer management
- Build and maintain long term relationships with customers and distributors
- Contribute to the development of future product lines through interaction with KOLs
- Contribute to the development of supporting technical and marketing literature and materials and the product development/planning and marketing process
- Attend and contribute to internal and external scientific meetings to maintain awareness of new molecular biological techniques, competitor landscape and new product opportunities
- Contribute to the maintenance of a customer relationship management database (Zoho)
- Working closely with the R&D, QC and manufacturing teams, provide specialist technical support to customers within our distributor network regarding product performance, troubleshooting and complaints.
- Organise and facilitate product demonstrations and training for customers and distributors as required.
- Organise and maintain regular customer contact to monitor and ensure continued satisfaction with product performance.
- Present technical workshops/seminars to customer/special interest groups and provide technical support at customer sites and professional conferences.
- Develop, organise and deliver product evaluation and validation programs to new and existing customers.
- Provide accurate and detailed documentation of customer contact in a customer relations system system, and provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction and technical problems are resolved.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and COSHH systems.
- Comply with all Quality systems.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role is a customer facing sales role requiring approximately 30 % domestic and international travel.
- This is primarily a commercial technical role.
Actions taken by employees in this position have financial impact on end results of the department and the company.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Harvey Havell in the Life Sciences team.