Sector: Life Sciences
Consultant: Steven Jeffers
Salary: £35000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking to secure a Technical Support Engineer for our well established client. You can be based anywhere in the UK as this is a field based position and you will be visiting customers acorss your area.
To deliver an effective and efficient service / repair & technical support of the newer range of Waters Mass Spectrometer systems, especially XEVO
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good general standard of education with a Chemistry/ Biochemistry / practical laboratory analytical instrumentation (chromatography) background.
- Science background – Chemistry, Biochemistry, Electronics
- Robust knowledge of repair and servicing of newer range of Waters Mass Spectrometers (XEVO) being an added advantage.
- Extensive Knowledge and understanding of Chromatography systems
- Ability to conduct chromatography instrument service in internal laboratory and then perform installations/ training for new customers
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft office suite, Outlook or equivalent and ability to learn and work with bespoke software packages
- Demonstrable ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work flexibly and accurately with changing priorities and workload, and provide cover for colleagues
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of complying with quality control procedures and able to demonstrate familiarity with the requirements of ISO 9001/2000.
- Understand chromatography with the ability to be able to develop skills further with internal training which will be provided
- Sales & Marketing input associated to new applications
- Be aware of customer satisfaction, service performance and offer suggestions for continued improvement
Key Result Areas
- Qualify and Validate newer Waters Mass Spectrometers (preferably XEVO in Compliance with protocols or manufacturers protocols to deadlines
- Input and maintain the integrity of data entered into the service report management system.
- Attend client sites and service/repair/replace instrumentation and equipment in accordance with quality management systems and ISO procedures.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key account and all chromatography service contacts.
- Support technical enquiries from incoming calls and on-site customers. Provide onsite training to customers.
- Continually review work practices and make recommendations to line manager to increase the efficiency of current operations and customer satisfaction.
- Be aware of the company’s product services, understanding what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs.
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Exceed customer expectations through excellent CRM.
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the Sales team