Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist – Female PD
Seven Resourcing – Derby, Derbyshire
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Derby area.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have clinical responsibility for up to 16 inpatients on the Low Secure Female Personality Disorder Service Ward with support from an onsite Specialty Doctor. You will work as part of a close-knit and caring team to include; Allied Health Professionals, Psychology, Management, Nursing and Support Staff.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of client treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of clients, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in ward rounds and clinical audit.
You will prescribe and review medication, lead the implementation of risk assessment / risk management, and embed clinical governance within the service.
Each patient must be interviewed and re-assessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
Participation in Ward Rounds and in other multi-disciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA’s), Mental Health Review Tribunals (MHRT’s) and Section 117 meetings, ensuring that full and up-to-date clinical information is available to the meeting and ensuring that medical decisions are implemented as planned.
You will also provide clinical support and supervision to the Specialty Doctor on the unit.
- Full GMC registration and an MBBS (or equivalent) medical qualification
- Section 12 Approval, Approved Clinician status, and registration on the specialist register (CCT/CESR)
- Experience of working in adult mental health / personality disorder
- Royal College of Psychiatrists membership (MRCPsych) or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability and experience in making clinical decisions along with knowledge of risk assessment and management principles
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills along with the ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Salary up to £120,000 (FTE)
- Relocation Package available
- Tier 2 Sponsorship can be offered
- NHS Discount Card
- Support from an onsite Specialty Doctor and multi-disciplinary team
- Medical indemnity cover
- CPD support and study leave
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Free meals
- Contributory pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time or Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £120,000.00 /year