Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Psychiatrist – Adult LD
Seven Resourcing – Bradford, West Yorkshire
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Bradford area.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for clients across the service and work as part of a team to include; Allied Health Professionals, Psychology. Management and Support Workers.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility of client treatment plans, whilst liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination of service users, appropriate investigation / diagnosis and treatment, participation in clinical audit. You will also lead the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the service.
Be responsible for the supervision of reports for Mental Health Act Tribunals and managers’ hearings and attend hearings whenever possible.
The post-holder will work full time to provide psychiatric care to a therapeutic hospital service with an occupancy of 9 adult male residents. This is high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs.
There will also be a requirement to provide cover at 3 residential services. The successful candidate will be expected to visit one site once a week. The other two can be visited twice a month.
- Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist
- GMC registration, Section 12 Approval and AC Status
- Experience of working in Adult Learning Disability / Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- CCT/CESR in Learning Disability is desirable
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management principles
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent communication skills
- Salary: up to £140k (depending on experience)
- Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
- CPD support and study leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical indemnity cover
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Relocation package will also be considered
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £140,000.00 /year