Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Psychiatrist – CAMHS
Seven Resourcing – Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Sheffield area.
Our client offers CAMHS Tier 4 PICU, CAMHS acute and CAMHS low secure services over three wards. They provide individualised care for young people who are experiencing a mental health crisis, and whose needs mean they cannot be supported in community settings or they may require a longer stay in an inpatient setting. The services provide safe, therapeutic environments with a focus on helping the young person stabilise, so that hospital treatment is no longer required.
The ward is a 13-bed general adolescent acute service, providing support for young people, both male and female, and is focused on helping them return home. The service is dedicated to helping young people maintain their school placements, if possible, and admissions can be either formal or informal.
In this role, the Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to work collaboratively with the onsite multidisciplinary team which includes a wide range of professional disciplines and to work closely with NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital.
This is a full-time position (10 Programmed Activities) Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist post, which will be based on the 13 bed adolescent acute service in Sheffield. The post holder will be expected to work as part of a multidisciplinary team which will include a wide range of professional disciplines and will work collaboratively with the NHS clinicians and commissioners who contract services from the hospital. The Unit will receive referrals from all over England.
The Consultant Psychiatrist will be expected to lead on the provision of high-quality care to the young people admitted to the ward. They will conduct and where appropriate, delegate the assessment and delivery of services to members of the multidisciplinary team, while closely supervising the activities of the team. The Consultant will also be required to participate in the 1 in 4 Consultant on-call rota.
- GMC registration (with licence to practice), Section 12 Approval and AC Status
- On the Specialist Register for Child and Adolescent psychiatry or be within 6 months (at the scheduled time of the advisory appointments committee) of being accepted
- Current experience as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist / working within CAMHS
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale
- MRCPsych or equivalent – approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Salary: in the region of £150,000 (Depending on Experience)
- NHS Discount
- Company pension scheme
- Free life assurance
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Subsidised meals
- CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £150,000.00 /year