Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Psychiatrist – General Adult
Seven Resourcing – Barnet, London
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Barnet area.
- To manage an established caseload many of whom are on medication
- To assess newly allocated cases and formulate appropriate treatment plans in collaboration with colleagues in other disciplines
- To comply with all legal obligations covering clinical practice e.g. Mental Health Act and Code of Practice, Safeguarding
- To complete relevant paperwork, including maintaining the electronic record and participating in routine outcome monitoring of clinical work
- To teach and supervise medical staff and other professionals in all aspects of psychiatric care
- To undertake other duties, as negotiated, that contribute to the good functioning of the clinical team
- To participate in the day-time Consultant Psychiatrist second on-call rota covering acute mental health presentations.
- To provide clinical and professional leadership within the post and take part in management activities and governance processes related to the post or the wider service within which it is embedded.
- As a senior clinician, to have an integral role in the performance of the team, further development of the service, and the development of the clinical pathways and priorities of the service.
- To comply with procedures whereby doctors report concerns about professional conduct or competence of medical or other colleagues.
- To comply with the principles of practice set out by the General Medical Council and the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- A commitment to ensuring fair access to services for all.
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Listed on the Specialist Register of the GMC Medical Register or eligible to register within six months
- Extensive clinical experience of adult psychiatry
- Section 12(2) Approval under Mental Health Act and eligible to act as Responsible Clinician for detained patients or eligible
- Engagement with Annual Appraisal or equivalent
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £105,000.00 /year