Consultant: Stewart McGrath
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- To support the R&D department in developing high quality, innovative medical devices which recognise and meet our customers’ requirements, and are in compliance with the relevant regulatory requirements.
- To deliver the Design work package to the Project Manager for new products and product changes from concept into the implementation phase.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Work with the marketing department to detail a clear Design Brief
- Provide concept designs and attend brainstorming sessions with the team
- Consider Design for Manufacture from the outset, working closely with suppliers, quality and production functions to ensure a robust Product Design is delivered
- Provide fully detailed production ready CAD files and drawings for injection molded and precision machined components
- Material selection for components
- Produce detailed Tolerance Analysis documents
- Use FEA and calculations as appropriate
- Organise Design Validation and Focus Group sessions
- Plan the Verification and Validation requirements for new products in collaboration with the Quality Engineering team
- The effective organisation of available resources so as to achieve agreed objectives on time.
- Prepare plans covering the Design Work Package in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Manage the Design Phase of the Project by the co-ordination of resources; internal departments, designers, toolmakers and suppliers, to meet agreed objectives on time.
- To understand and work within the regulatory requirements for development of medical devices.
- Post production support: assist in the implementation of product design changes.
- Support both the R&D and QA Departments in the formulation of test protocols for product evaluation and completion of appropriate test work.
- To support the department in all its functions as required.
- Education: PhD, BSc, HND, HNC or equivalent in a medical, mechanical or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience: a minimum of two years private sector experience in a similar role involving manufacturing medical devices.
- Technical Skills: Sound engineering knowledge. Knowledge of manufacturing within the requirements of the medical regulatory framework.
- Computer skills: Conversant with MS Office including Access, MS Project or equivalent and Solidworks or other CAD.
- Personal attributes: Good organisational, analytical and communication skills, good attention to detail.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best contractor pay rates in the UK for Life Sciences, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven Consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, while providing a support platform, which is accessible around the clock.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please call 020 3887 7365. Please ask for Stewart McGrath in the Life Sciences team.