Consultant: Angus Irving
Salary: £20 - £25
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Band 6 Pharmacist
Seven Resourcing – Ashford, Surrey
Seven Medical are seeking a Pharmacist in the Surrey area.
- Providing professional supervision of the dispensing process. Monitoring prescriptions and referring to the prescriber any unusual doses, potential drug interactions, incompatibilities or other unusual features for confirmation or revision before dispensing. Assisting in the issue of routine stock items to wards and departments.
- Supervising and checking the work of pharmacy technicians and other supporting staff; ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and the procedures and standards of professional practice of the department.
- Participating in the clinical pharmacy services under the direction of the Head of Clinical Pharmacy.
- Providing information and advice on the safe, effective and economical use of medicines to patients, relatives and health professionals, including the giving of occasional lectures on appropriate topics.
- Preparing and checking sterile and non-sterile pharmaceutical products, including those supplied as part of the radio pharmacy, parenteral nutrition, central intravenous additive and cytotoxic reconstitution services.
- Carrying out quality assurance procedures for medicinal products prepared or handled in the Pharmaceutical Department.
- Assisting in the training of pharmacy technicians, student pharmacy technicians, pre-registration graduates and other supporting staff.
- Contributing to the development of the service by participating in audits and identifying to the section head areas for improvement.
- Taking part in study days and courses of continuing education for pharmaceutical staff in accordance with the needs of the service. Actively maintaining a personal CPD portfolio.
- Participating in rotas to cover locking up, Bank Holiday and weekend services.
- Providing an emergency pharmacy service, out of hours, on a rota basis.
- Fostering good personal and professional relationships with medical, nursing and other staff.
- Providing occasional holiday and sickness relief in other hospitals served by the Trust and performing other pharmaceutical duties as required.
Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently. Must drive own vehicle.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Locum
Pay Rate: £20.00 – £24.00 per hour