Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Consultant – Community Psychiatry
Seven Resourcing – Anglesey, Wales
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Anglesey area.
As the Consultant you will provide a psychiatric service to adults and older adults in the catchment prescribed by our client in collaboration with Consultant colleagues. To deliver a high-quality service in line with current guidance and best practice in an efficient and effective way. It is expected that the clinics for the post holder will be at either site to enable accessibility to care and to ensure continuity of provision.
- The post holder will have a continuing responsibility for the care of the patients in his / her charge and for the proper functioning of the department and to be able to be contacted when necessary on working days.
- Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff. If appropriate the post holder will be named as Educational supervisor to a specific member to oversee their training and as an initial source of advice to such doctor regarding their career.
- Responsibility for undertaking the administrative duties associated with the care of patients and the administration for the department.
- Requirement to co-operate with local management in the efficient running of services and an expectation to share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- Requirement to work within the financial and other constraints decided upon by the Trust. Additional expenses of any kind will not be committed without the approval of the appropriate manager / budget holder.
- Complying with employment and personnel policies and procedures in the management of employees of the Trust.
- Potential travel maybe necessary between hospitals / clinics will be required but a planned and cost-effective approach will be expected.
- Medical degree and Fully Registered with GMC
- Eligible for inclusion on GMC’s specialist register to take up appointment or within six months of gaining CCT
Experience: Knowledge of the role of clinical governance and risk management.
Compliance: GMC Registered
Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
Hours: 10 sessions
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Locum