Consultant: Angus Irving
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Consultant in Neurology
Seven Resourcing – Chelmsford, Essex
Seven Medical are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in the Chelmsford area.
· Maintenance of the highest clinical standards in the management of Neurology patients.
· To share with colleague’s responsibility for the day-to-day management of general Neurology patients.
· Provide a full range of neurological services
· Contribute to the development of the service
· Teaching and training of junior staff, nurses and medical students from Leicester.
· To actively participate in both departmental and Trust matters concerning Clinical Governance and audit.
· To have responsibility for ensuring active participation in continuing medical education (CME).
· CCT in Neurology or registration on GMC Specialist Register in Neurology (or within six months of achieving CCST at the time of the interview)
· MRCP or equivalent
· General training in Neurology to specialist level or equivalent
· Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on a range of neurological problems
· Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
· Provide evidence based clinical care
Management and Administrative Experience :
· Ability to contribute to efficient and smooth running of the Neurology department.
· Ability to organise, prioritise and manage out and inpatient priorities, investigations and treatment.
· Experience of the management and delivery of clinical audits within a hospital setting.
· Ability and willingness to work within the Trust and NHS performance framework and targets
· Appreciation and understanding of the role of management in the modern NHS
Skills and knowledge:
· Leadership – ability to recruit, train and motivate a multidisciplinary team
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good spoken and written English
· Team player
· Ability to show insight into managing a busy caseload
· Excellent knowledge base of neurology
· Wide clinical experience in neurology and neurology applied to general medicine
· Possesses the dynamism, energy and enthusiasm to develop the service into the future
· Ability to teach clinical skills
· Enquiring, critical approach to work
· Caring attitude to patients
· Ability to communicate effectively with patients, relatives, GPs, nurses and other agencies
· Commitment to Continuing Medical Education and the requirements of Clinical Governance and Audit
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Long term locum
Pay Rate: Negotiable