Consultant: Angus Irving
Salary: £20 - £24
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Locum Paediatric OT
Seven Resourcing – Camberley, Surrey
Seven Medical are seeking an Occupational Therapist in the Surrey area.
- To provide and receive complex and sensitive information with regard to a child’s difficulties and expectations.
- To attend meetings where requested in order to provide specialist advice about the therapy needs of the child. To arrange these meetings when appropriate.
- To plan and organise a team of therapists and assistants to provide specific services on a daily basis.
- To be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity in response to parents and children.
- To work closely with parents who are themselves dealing with anger, grief and frustration as they come to terms with the impact of their child’s condition.
- To provide specialist therapy reports for use within inter-agencies, e.g. educational documentation relevant to the practice setting, standards and guidelines
- To ensure that up to date written electronic records and activity are maintained in accordance with the professional and organisation standards
- To provide programmes on a verbal, written basis or using pictorial representation as required to ensure these programmes are accessible to parents/ carers
- To interpret complex assessment results and identify therapy goals as part of an overall care plan.
- To be responsible for the supervision and students and band 5 staff.
- To undertake Band 5, Band 4 and Band 3 team members’ appraisals and line management.
- To plan, organise and provide training to parents/carers and educational staff.
- To plan and undertake presentation of paediatric therapy related talks both internally and externally.To participate in the delivery of the therapy development plan.
- B.S.C Hons or recognised degree equivalent qualification in Speech & Language Therapy/ Occupational therapy or Physiotherapy
- Health Care Professions Council registrar
- Knowledge of legislation and government polices related to the specialty.
- 2 years Post grad experience in SLT/ OT and PT
- Broad knowledge of current best practice.
- Previous therapy experience in the relevant clinical areas related to the post
- Documented evidence of CPD
- Competent to use standardised assessments.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to deliver training
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance in relation to current best practice and develop skills accordingly.
- Planning and decision-making skills and problem solving
- Computer and internet literate
Travel: Ability to commute to and from work independently.
Working with Seven Medical:
Established in 2011, Seven Medical is a leading provider of Medical professionals to county NHS Trusts, charities, hospitals and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of the Medical industry.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018 and again in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
Job Types: Full-time, Locum
Pay Rate: £20.00 – £24.00 per hour